This post is dedicated to the ‘sneaker of the week’ (because that’s how long it will matter for after its release): Adidas Yeezy Boost 350.
You’ve heard about it; read about; and some even dream about it. But why?
Well here are 3 reasons why YOU would want the Yeezy Boost 350:
1) Kanye West ‘designed’ it. I say ‘designed’ because in all honesty its not an original creation but more on that later
2) The price tag – believe it or not but some people are attracted to anything with a lot of zeros.
3) Limited edition – as we all know there is limited stock for these sneakers with Shelflife Cape Town only offering 30 pairs. We all crave a little elitism even if it sets us back a couple thousand. How ridiculous?!
Now, here a few reasons why you should NOT get these:
1) They are a knock-off of the Nike Roshe Runs and you could just get the Nike Roshe Flyknit for R1200 instead
2) They cost R3000 but there’s nothing incredibly unique about them
3) You’re buying the brand not the shoe making you a real “Hype-beast” which is NOT a good thing. Hype is not forever and in a months time, there’ll be hype about someone else’s sneaker collaboration. Remember the Adidas Originals x Pharrell Superstars? Yeah I thought so.
I am a huge fan of Kanye West and his contribution to culture and fashion however with these sneakers, I feel as if he tried to hard to piss Nike off and use us as his weapon. Sorry Yeezy, this was hit and a miss.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments below and don’t forget to share!
Images Courtesy of: